This recipe originated in the Newlywed or Close Life Bible Study. Each main dish couple should make the recipe. Sides are suggested below the recipe.
- 2 small white onions, minced (or 1 cup frozen diced white onions)
- 4 cloves of minced garlic (or 2 tablespoons minced garlic from jar)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Two 14.5oz cans of black beans, drained
- Two 14.5 oz cans of corn, drained
- Two 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 6 large chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 1 and ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups Mexican shredded cheese
- 1 bag of tortilla chips
- Cook chicken then shred.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, saute onions with olive oil until tender. Then add minced garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds)
- Add vegetables to pot for about 2 minutes. Then add chicken, salt and pepper.
- Assemble casserole
- Chips to cover bottom of baking dish then spread half of chicken mixture on top.
- Spread chips to cover the layer of chicken then layer with 2 cups of cheese.
- Spread rest of chicken mixture over cheese.
- Layer chips on top of chicken and cover with 2 cups of cheese.
- Bake at 450 about 10 minutes, until cheese is golden brown and casserole in bubbling.
- 2 pounds salad and 2 bottles of 8oz salad dressings of your choice
- 3 bags of tortilla chips and 2 large bottles of salsa