This recipe originated in the Newlywed or Close Life Bible Study. Each main dish couple should make the recipe. Sides are suggested below the recipe.
- 6 pounds of pork shoulder/butt
- Two 12 fl oz cans or bottle root beer
- Two 18 fl oz bottles of your favorite barbecue sauce
- 10 hamburger buns
- Place the pork tenderloin in a slow cooker; pour the root beer over the meat. Cover and cook on low until well cooked and the pork shreds easily, 6 to 7 hours. Note: the actual length of time may vary according to individual slow cooker.
- Drain well. Then shred pork. **NOTE be sure to leave extra time to shred the pork- it may take longer than you think**
- Place pork back in crockpot and stir in barbecue sauce. Serve over hamburger buns.
- 5- 14oz bags of chips of your choice
- 30 hamburger buns
- Dessert and/or fruit